Ultra-CAT™ PPR Veneer Glue
Size: 25 lbs
* Special Savings! *
Calculated Prior To Checkout
Ultra-CAT™ is a high-solid content, plastic powdered resin veneer glue with an extra long open time developed using catalyzed adhesive technology. This adhesive cures rock-hard and leaves a glue line that withstands heat and moisture. Ultra-CAT is highly sand-able and works particularly well with wood types that are prone to bleed-through such as burls and open-pore woods.
Ultra-CAT has a non-evaporative curing process which eliminates 'veneer creep' caused by seasonal humidity changes so joint/seam lines never separate. Ultra-CAT glue will permanently lock-in the form of curved and contoured veneer projects making it ideal for all custom furniture projects and bent laminations.
- Acoustic drum construction
- Exterior wood projects
- Curved veneer projects
- Skateboard building
- Model aircraft construction
- General purpose wood gluing
- Veneering with thicker (shop sawn) wood veneers
- Projects that requires high heat and moisture resistance
- Extra Value: One container makes approximately 5 gallons of adhesive.
- Convenience: Mix as little or as much glue as needed for your project.
- Superb Consistency: The high solid content of Ultra-CAT reduces adhesive bleed-through and maximizes durability.
- Unsurpassed Bond Strength: Type II moisture and heat resistance allows veneers to be used in unconventional environments.
- Minimized Spring-Back: Non-evaporative curing process leaves an extremely rigid glue line that practically eliminates spring-back on bent laminations.
- Extra-Long Open Time: Up to 30 minutes under normal conditions and up to 45 minutes in colder shop environments.
- Usable Wood Tone: Ultra-CAT is tinted to match most medium to dark wood species.
- Long Shelf Life: When stored properly this adhesive has a 12 month shelf life.
- Easy Clean-Up: Brushes and rollers can be cleaned with water (while glue is wet).
- Outstanding Sand-Ability: Ultra-CAT will not soften and gum-up sandpaper.
Coverage: 1,000 to 1,375 square feet
Minimum Use Temp: 70° F
Curing Time: Full cure in 4 to 6 hours at 70° F
Speed Curing: Some vacuum press users have placed a heating blanket (set on 'low') over the vacuum bag while the project is being pressed to accelerate the curing of the Ultra-CAT adhesive. Curing time can be reduced to 2 hours with this method!
Optional: Ultra-CAT Lightening Agent - 8 oz.
Simply add this highly effective powder to Ultra-CAT to dramatically lighten the glue-line color. Ideal for maple, sycamore, ash, and other light woods where a dark glue line would be unacceptable. The powder is inert and has absolutely no effect on the quality of the bond. Click on the picture to see the effects of Ultra-CAT lightener.
Use one 8 oz package (or less) of lightener for each 5 lbs of Ultra-CAT. When this option is selected above, we include 5 packs of lightener with your order.
Tip from Joe: Don't forget a glue roller. It's worth every penny!
Learn more about this product by clicking here
Laminations and Veneer
Review by Taylor Russel
Finally, I'm using this for bent laminations on my rockers. Before this, I used resorcinol but the fumes are too harmful. The Ultra Cat works just as well and costs less.
We're now buying this from Joe on a regular basis. Shipping to California from Maryland is a bit high but I think Joe does everything possible to keep this cost as low as possible,
Quality Is Consistent
Review by Dave Hirte
A great glue! We use it at Summit Door to build rail and stile doors. Quality is consistent and dependable. Warm it a little and it sets up in a matter of hours.
Review by Kevin Westendorf
Ultra Cat PPR is the ONLY glue we use to build our high performance sporting equipment laminations. This stuff is amazing and dries rock hard for NO warping. THANK YOU!
Is Ultra-CAT PPR Glue CARB Compliant?
There's a lot of gray area here, and much depends on your interpretation of the CARB rules. The PPR is a urea formaldehyde adhesive, so if you use it, you are adding urea formaldehyde to the panel, which the CARB ruling does not allow. However, from conferences and the like that my supplier has attended, the rule is directed at the core stock, with the intent of getting panel producers and users to only use core that is not made with UF resins. UF resins have been the choice in binders of engineered core stock for decades. You'll see these compliant core stocks referred to as NAUF (no added urea formaldehyde). ULE (ultra low emitting) UF resins have been developed and can be used, but they have to be certified. Ultra-CAT PPR is not a ULE resin.
California's Proposition 65 Warning To California Residents
This warning is provided to comply with California's Proposition 65 product labeling law. Each and every product sold by JWW Services Inc., DBA VeneerSupplies.com, may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. JWW Services Inc., DBA VeneerSupplies.com provides this warning based on its knowledge concerning the possible presence of one or more such chemicals, without attempting to evaluate the level of exposure.
Learn more about Ultra-CAT at
4 - 6 hours @ 75 degrees F
3 - 4 hours @ 95 degrees F
2 - 3 hours @ 120 degrees F
Find Similar Products by Category