TransTint - Blue 2 oz.
* Special Savings! *
Calculated Prior To Checkout
TransTints are formulated from light stable metallized acid dyes. They are more lightfast when compared to conventional aniline powdered type dye stains. This unique concentrated formulation allows the user great latitude in using the dye because it is compatible with a wide variety of finishing products. The dye can be mixed with either water or alcohol as a bare stain on wood - or added directly to finishing materials like shellac and lacquer to make toners or stains.
Stain and Finishing Options
- Water-Based Dye Stain: Mix with tap or distilled water for an economical, non-flammable stain.
- Non-Grain Raising Dye Stain: Mix with alcohol for a fast-drying, non-grain raising stain. No waiting or straining is necessary because the dye is pre-dissolved.
- Hybrid Dye Stain: Mix with a 50/50 solution of water and alcohol for a user-friendly wipe-on stain.
- Suggested mix ratio is 2 oz. dye per 1/2 gallon solven but this ratio can be increased or decreased to adjust the color and saturation as needed.
- Dye solution can be applied by brush, rag, spray, or sponge. When using a water-reduced dye, a pre-grain raising is advisable.
- One of TransTint's most unique features is their compatibility with a wide range of finishing mediums. Simply add the dye concentrate directly to shellac, water-base finishes, solvent lacquers, and catalyzed varnish or lacquers. Add any amount up to 1 oz. per quart.
When using any dye or colorant, we highly recommend testing your colors first on scraps or cut-offs along with your selected top coat before applying to your projects. TransTint Dyes are not for exterior use and can not be mixed with oil-based products.
All TransTint dye colors are intermixable to produce custom shades.
Click here for the dye color chart.
Learn more about this product by clicking here
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Find Similar Products by Category