Polyurethane Build-A-Bag: 27" Wide
Calculated Prior To Checkout
The Build-a-Bag system is unique because it lets you build a vacuum bag to the length needed for your project. I'm offering this product because I've received countless emails from woodworkers with very special vacuum bagging needs. Need a quick custom bag? This is it!
This is a very simple concept. The bag material is sold as a seamless tube that has a "lay flat" width of about 27 inches.
- Select the length of the polyurethane tube.
- With your order, I'll included our new flush-mount valve stem.
- You apply the valve stem to the bag in any place you choose.
- Your order will also include two 29" bag closures for each end of the polyurethane tube.
Dura-Max Elite™ is the ultimate vacuum bagging material. It was designed for VeneerSupplies.com using an advanced thermoplastic polyurethane that can withstand pressures exceeding 3,750+ psi and stretch more than 6 times its width and length*. Dura-Max Elite polyurethane film has superior resilience and unmatched puncture resistance. Made in the USA.
*Elongation and breaking strength based on ASTMD 412 test method.
- Vaxcell Infusion - Dura-Max Elite is infused with a non-transferring lubricant that works in several ways to make vacuum bagging easy and trouble-free. Vaxcell lubricant prevents all woodworking adhesives from sticking to the bag. If any glue gets on the bag, it simply peels right off. Unlike traditional vinyl, Vaxcell infused polyurethane allows the user to easily slide the platens and project panel into the bag without "blocking" or binding. The slippery surface created by Vaxcell makes inserting project panels a breeze.
- Superior Resilience - Months of extensive testing resulted in a custom formulation that is unsurpassed in durability. Dura-Max Elite lasts up to 10 times longer than standard 30 gauge vinyl yet weighs almost 40% less.
- Width: 27"
- Length: Select above
- Thickness: 20 Gauge (20 Mil)
- Softening Point: 150° F
- Melting Point: 320° F
Each Bag Includes
- Flush-Mount Valve Stem
- Two 29" Bag Closures
- Instruction Sheet
Tips from Joe
- A lock-on connector is required to attach your vacuum system to this bag.
- Allow an extra 12" of bag material so you have space to apply the bag closures.
- Full instructions for applying the flush-mount valve stem can be found here.
- Making a giant vacuum bag? Some users have increased performance by adding a second flush-mount valve stem and using two vacuum pumps.
- Here's a link to a great review of the Build-A-Bag system on Lumberjocks.
Learn more about this product by clicking here
This product hasn't received any reviews yet.
C'mon... help a brother out and be the first to write a review!